Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Surprise...

I got my first high on the monitor this morning.
Yesterday's OPK was darker than I expected.
If last cycle was anovulatory...and I don't really know if it was or not...will I ovulate earlier this time?
I am doing all I can to convince my brain that I am not already pregnant and the weird bleeding (def. not a normal period) I had was just regular early pregnancy spotting. I know this is not true, but TTC minds play terrible tricks on us. After seeing the dark OPK yesterday, I even googled "opk as hpt" I know there is a simple way to prove my brain wrong, but I refuse to use my last hpt in the house because it is an "expensive" one. I'm so crazy.
Ugh.
Also, I am still coughing, but my fever has broken! After 10 days of a fever, I am happy to be done with it. However, B is now coughing too, which makes bed-time fairly hard. We were both up last night hacking away. Today she leaves for a conference up north. Just one night, but I will miss her. Send her safe travel vibes and wishes for no snow.

2 comments:

Elana Kahn said...

A few questions: Did you have a - OPK before getting this + one? And what CD are you on? Can you email me a link to your chart?? :-)

OPKs can be used as HPTs even though they look for a different hormone. You probably came across the PeeOnAStick website talking about it, but if not here is the link: http://www.peeonastick.com/opkhpt.html

Loralou said...

Would being pregnant produce a high on the monitor? What hormones is it that produces a high?
I say buy a dollar store test just to make sure ;)