Friday, February 20, 2009

A Meme Distraction

It's 11 DPO. We tested last night and it's still too early for that darn HcG to show up. I'm going to pick up a few cheap tests at the dollar.tree while I'm out and about today so we can test tonight or tomorrow night. Right now we only have the super fancy "we spell it right out for you" tests that we're not going to use unless we get a BFP on another one first.

Today is kind of an important day in our TTC process. Historically, by 11 or 12 dpo we know by J's temps which way it's going to go. Of course in the past it's always been a BFN. I am very hopeful that this time things will be different, but I can't help the anxiety that's creeping into the pit of my stomach.

We'd like to test either tomorrow night or Sunday morning, provided her temps stay up. J wanted to test tomorrow morning but I have to work all day. Whichever way the test falls I'd rather be home to share the moment with her rather than spend all day at work watching the clock. Although, I could always go in for a little bit and then come home early. We're supposed to get eleventy billion inches of snow, so it's not totally out of the question. If I didn't have a big kid's party I'd just stay home alltogether. (sorry for my stream of consciousness here...lol)

Anyway here's a meme to help further take my mind off of this exciting time. J did it over a year ago while we were in the beginning stages of TTC, and I think it's pretty neat. Here goes:

8 Things I’m Passionate About
J
Social justice
LGBT equality
Kids
Books/music/movies (pop culture)
My friends
My family
My pets

8 Things I Want to Do Before I Die
Get married
Have kids
Move into a nicer house, in a nicer neighborhood
Live on the east coast
Travel to each state
Travel to Europe
Finish college
Not work in retail

8 Things I Say Often
"Seriously."
"Omg that was hilARious"
"Wow" - in reference to someone being a total tool, jerk or idiot
"Bunny!" - my nickname for J
"(Name of company) this is (B) how can I help you?" - answering the phone at work
"Oh for the love of ham"
"Son of a B" (not the whole "b" word, just the letter B.

8 Books I’ve Read Recently
Toxic Parents
You Can Heal Your Life
Loving What Is
Eat, Pray, Love
The Four Agreements
The Glass Castle
The Bounce Back Book
Dewey

8 Songs I Could Listen to Over and Over
This Will Be (an Everlasting Love) - Natalie Cole
Bringin' Sexy Back - Justin Timberlake
O' Holy Night - Josh Groban
Fumbling Towards Ecstacy - Sarah McLachlan
Dark Come Soon - Tegan & Sara
Raspberry Swirl - Tori Amos
Trouble - Ray Lamontagne
The Difficult Kind - Sheryl Crow & Sarah McLachlan

8 Things That Attract Me to My Best Friends
Sense of humor
Intelligence
Open hearts
Open minds
Listening skills
Trustworthy
Taste in music, books, and movies
Shared love of musical theater

3 comments:

Jen said...

I love the "8 things"...I may steal that! We seem to have a LOT in common, which is cool to find out. Good luck with everything.

Jen said...

Ok, I did STEAL and I posted it on my blog. Thanks for the distraction today!

Anonymous said...

Keeping you guys in my thoughts this weekend and I will be checking in to see how it goes! Fingers crossed :O)